On May 31, 2014 I took the kids to the Nashville airport so they could fly to Beijing and spend the summer with Buddy.
In the following 58 days, I was in Nashville, North Carolina, Washington DC, Beijing, South Carolina, Portland and San Francisco and here's what I did:
- Visited my old church in Palo Alto.
- Met with many dear old friends in the Bay Area.
- Made a few new friends.
- Got a facial, a pedicure and 2 manicures.
- Flew to Beijing for a week to see Buddy and the kids.
- Flew 20,200 miles, which means I boarded 16 planes.
- Got our tenant to move out of the East Palo Alto house and got it cleaned, repaired and inspected so it’s ready for sale.
- Spent 11 nights in hotels.
- Visited every US time zone.
- Put Cooper into a training camp for the summer.
- Agreed with Ty that we’ll let each other go. The 450-mile distance became a real show-stopper and neither of us was able to move.
- Toured the world’s largest digital print facility.
- When I just slip it in like that does it seem like not a big deal? Because I really want it to seem like it’s not a big deal.
- Dipped my toes in the Pacific.
- Of course I mean the break-up. Not the digital print facility.
- Ate a lot of sushi and frozen yogurt.
- Gained 5 pounds. (Or so...)