Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SPAM: nutritious and delicious (sometimes)

My dad sends me a ton of spam. I bet I have the entire contents of snopes.com in my email archives. But I love it because it shows me that my dad is up and checking his email and thinking of me. I don't care if I get viruses every once in a while, it's important to know that gojoepro is plugged in.

The other day I discovered a piece of wisdom in one of Dad's emails. It was something I needed to hear right at that moment.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It's about learning to sing in the rain."


Have you ever seen SPAM that nailed it like that? I don't think so.

It's true - it's too easy to waste our days wishing that they were over. We wish it was Friday, long for Christmas, hang in there until the day the kids grow up and go to college. When in fact life is really about the Tuesdays and the March 2nds and the crazy days when the kids are tugging at your necklace.

If you're still not smiling yet then please look at this picture of a 25-foot crocodile carrying a 12-point deer in its mouth, compliments of gojoepro. This is spam at its very finest, folks.




We could be that deer. I'm just sayin'.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I like your dad's spam - it's worthwile spam, at least sometimes. :D

My spam's almost always a load of rubbish and cons, usually from people I don't know. I have one friend who actually deletes any contacts who send her fwds. As a result, she has only a handful of email contacts. LOL.

Melanie Gao said...

Wow, Sarah, your friend has some strict policies on SPAM. I'm afraid she and my dad wouldn't last long together, his messages always have "fwd" in the title.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Thank you for the reminder. I am always running and running and wishing for the next break. I needed this one.

Poor deer...

Anonymous said...

It is totally true.. We often forget to live in the moment because we are off in some other world dreaming of the times that are yet to come.

Best,

Hannah Katy

Melanie Gao said...

Betsy it's so easy for us moms to be running all the time. Too bad that deer couldn't have run just a little bit faster though, huh?

Hannah Katy I'm loving your blog! Thanks for stopping by here to comment.